Tuesday, 31 August 2010

My 15 minutes of fail.

Tony Blair's book is due out tomorrow, it seems. The link is to the debate about the title change. Whatever the title, the lack of headline grabbing snippets tells me it'll be as dull as.




I met Tony when he was PM. I was the technical bod behind a company launching a new Internet product. After he'd been shown the system-mabob by the marketing guy, he turned to me and said, "So, you're the brains behind all this are you?"


As this was only my second brush with the glitterarti (the first time, I was sworn at by Mick Jagger for getting in the way of his jag in Blackpool in 1960 something), Tony so enfeebled my nerves that I could only managed to say, "Umm, err, ack-puffle."


My 15 minutes of fail.


Of course, by the end of the meeting I was overcompensating like mad and couldn't shut myself up. *sigh*


Anyway - still haven't heard about my submissions, so here's another excuse to procrastinate for a mo.


Click it for a larger image:




(kw: Space Warp strip cartoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment