Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Reviewlette - Dead Famous by Ben Elton

Another book from my 'got years ago and really must read it' shelf.

A parody of the Big Brother TV show: a contestant is murdered in front of millions of viewers - but who did the dastardly deed? It's up to Inspector Stanley Spencer Coleridge - a throw back to polite, seemingly naive policemen of the 1950's - to find out.

A fast moving and, in places, very funny whodunnit. Liberal sprinkling of the c-word will put off some but, on the whole, it's a good read. Thought provoking and entertaining, and I'm pretty sure there are a few TV executives who'll recognise some individuals here.

If you like a good whodunnit and aren't easily offended by strong language you'll enjoy it.

Dead Famous by Ben Elton.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ben Elton, I used to watch him on tele years ago, but I've only read one of his books. This one sounds intriguing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ben Elton too. Past Mortem is one of my favourites. It contains one of the funniest sex scenes ever.

    ReplyDelete