Saturday, 19 February 2011

Crusader challenge

Over at Rach Writes ... there's a crusader challenge. It's a getting to know you exercise. So why not.


I have to tell you: one secret, one lie, one interesting quirk, one annoying habit, one of my best character traits, and one of my favourite things in the whole world. Not necessarily in that order.

I surfed in the world championships in the 70's. At that time I had erinaceous hair. I've never been unfaithful. I grind my teeth (even when surfing).  Lascivious thoughts make me sneeze. I have a weakness for Theakstone's Old Peculiar. I pilfered a penknife from Woolworths in Blackpool when I was ten, and have felt guilty ever since. I forgot, in a quirky way, about the words bloviate, fuliguline, rabbit, and blade, and  - I've just noticed -  the .. umm .. word count. 

Can you guess the lie?
(Just as well it's the taking part and not the winning that's important.)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Crusader :)

    I don't think you were ten when you pilfered the penknife :)

    I'm off to read your fiction now - hope to see you around :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! I'd forgotten about the prompt words too and had to slip them in as an afterthought. Don't think I used 'fuliguline' correctly...

    I hope your untruth is you grind your teeth. I do, bleh. So I'll say wanton thoughts do not make you sneeze. Though, what an interesting tell that would be!

    Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, crusader! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Love the way you snuck in the requisite words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't worry about the penknife since Woolworths doesn't exist anymore. >.<
    Hello fellow crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and succinct, but I had to go look up erinaceous. I think that might be an untruth, but I also think the lascivious thoughts making you sneeze is a whopper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you look at the 3rd paragraph here:
    (It's wikipedia so it must be true)
    I count myself lucky I don't go deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm... I think you didn't steal the penknife.

    :-)

    BTW, I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the "lascivious thoughts make me sneeze" must be the lie.

    i wonder what freud would have to say about that IF it were A) true and B) he were alive.

    as for me, lascivious thoughts make me do a whole host of things . . . the least of which is sneeze . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Crusader! I think I'm going with the lascivious thoughts also- otherwise it could make the boudoir an interesting place...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you're definitely a surfer - I think it was the unpronouncable hair thing. Never!

    I see you've got another post where you reveal all, so I'll go and read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello fellow crusader! I am a tad bit late, so I just thought I would just say Hi! :D

    I don't think spiky hair was the "in" thing in the 70s! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have to guess that lascivious thoughts don't make you sneeze, but as I suffer from the same "ailment" it would have been nice to find a fellow inappropriate sneezer.

    ReplyDelete